Wednesday, March 17

I'm trying to convince S to drop our cable subscription. I worry that this will bring us further out of touch with current events. However, I know that most of my TV viewing is fluff... My argument is money conservation. I was thinking about subscribing to the newspaper again, but I'm not sure if I'd take the time to read it. And, it would be a cost to us. I try to avoid listening to NPR much now since O's been parroting words. "Killed in a plane crash" is not something I want in his vocabulary. Then, again, I worry about the stuff he's picked up from the snippets of TV we watch. (He does not watch child programming.) Thoughts?

4 comments:

scott said...

I wouldn't mind getting netflix and a weekend subscription to the paper... we'd save about $30/month if we dropped cable.

Anonymous said...

Would O still be able to watch his Jayhawks??
~ Chris

pom. said...

i think that's a good idea!! we have never had cable but we DO have an online blockbuster account. i don't know anything about netflix but i always think the online instant movie things sound fun! we like being about to take our internet movies into blockbuster to swap something out of the store if we want.

Melissa said...

$30!? We have Comcast & when we dropped our BASIC digital cable it saved us $60/month. I think RR is cheaper...We don't miss the cable much & all the news networks/papers offer free online content (often more in-depth).