Tuesday, July 21

Sorry, L. The book is "Twisted" by Laurie Halse Anderson. I'm reading both "An Abundance of Katherines" and "Looking for Alaska" (for the second time) now. I'm mostly reading "Alaska" b/c "Katherines" isn't doing it for me...

***

Having a BRCA gene mutation is rare, occurring only in about one in 1,000 people. Inherited BRCA gene mutations are responsible for less than 5 to 10 percent of breast cancers and about 10 to 15 percent of ovarian cancers. The majority of these cancers occur sporadically and aren't inherited.

--information from mayoclinic.com. found while browsing research before i see the genetic counselor.

***

And, 'cause I had a few extra minutes this morning...

2 comments:

scott said...

Where's that tree?

CDL said...

I've always felt guilty that 'Katherines" never did it for me, either.