Wednesday, August 20

Okay--So I never got around to finishing this review. But I think you get the idea...

Trezo Vino Leawood, KS contemporary American Our group took advantage of the unseasonably cool weather last night while dining streetside at Trezo Vino.

Okay. Yes. I did choose this place after reading Ferruzza's review in The Pitch. But that was before I swore off all things Pitch related. I'm changing my mind now... I can trust Ferruzza. He knows what's good.

Made reservations through OpenTable. Very handy. Although I hadn't requested outside dining when making the reservation, the hostess was open to accommodating us. She warned me that it may be an hour before they could seat us outside. That was okay because we usually have some stragglers in our group. It was a case of underpromise and overdeliver. Not more than 15 minutes later, our table was ready.

The Park Place development made us feel like we were in an alternate universe, like a cleaner downtown. Even though we ate outside, the inside would have been pleasant as well--nicely furnished with dark wood, tile floor and leather upholstery. The clientele was mostly older than our party. Fine with me, but I like a little more artsy flair to my atmosphere than the standard suburbanites.

Three of us ordered drinks from the bar. S got his scotch, trying a new kind--always a happy prospect. T found a "funky white". She explained to me that she couldn't drink red wine because it made her think of...blood! I ordered a mojito, knowing that this was the kind of place that would have mint leaves. The drink was divine. A couple of others had martinis. A couple of others split a bottle of wine. All were happy.

Now the good part--the food. Oh, oh, oh! The portions are small, but the richness of the cuisine and the carefully-crafted presentation, made a feast for the eyes and mouth. The...

No comments: