Tuesday, May 6

This whole business of waiting is like having it snow and not knowing if they're going to call off school the next day.

***

The rocking chair in O's room is from S's great grandparents. That'd be O's great great grandparents, right? S's great aunts at the baby shower told me about how they rocked the chair right through their front room window when they were little girls! S's aunt and uncle gifted it to us. I anticipate using it a lot.

The baby blanket was made by my mom. It is the softest. I don't want to use it because it's so delicate. My mom is so talented.

The crib and changing table came from my sister-in-law. They were my nephew's. Most of the rest has come from our generous family and friends.

***

Please don't call and ask when the baby is coming. I don't know. I'll let you know. In the meantime, please let me know of any natural labor induction techniques you know might work. Thanks, J, but the spicy food didn't do the trick. Anything else?

1 comment:

pomegranate said...

I think mine happened when I resigned myself to simply waiting it out..

heh.

Thanks, right?

I'm sending you so many warm, good vibes for the waiting, for the labor, for the after. Oh, the sweet after. You are beautiful and this is going to be so awesome. So excited for you.